Friday, October 26, 2012

Marketing Director is Very Thankful


http://www.leonfoundation.org

Although only working with the LEON Foundation as the Marketing Director for about 6 months, this experience has already had a profound impact on my life. During this time I have had the pleasure as well as making a wonderful new acquaintance with our CEO Dr. Joyce Leon-Gomez. This experience has been very unique and very educational. 

Our CEO Dr. Joyce Leon-Gomez thrives on education in every single way. She has already taught me so much, from basic business etiquette, how to write a press release, to general marketing tools we implement every day to raise awareness of the foundation. I have shared many memories and been granted many opportunities while volunteering with the LEON Foundation, that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Two of my favorite experiences include being interviewed for the first time by Juan Carlos Paredes, Director and host of the Program Young Souls at the radio station Santisimo Sacramento 1240 AM in Sacramento on October 05, 2012, even though I was incredibly nervous!! I felt that I did a good job; as well as to be able to travel to Peru on November 24, 2012 with other representatives of LEON Foundation. 

I cannot wait for our trip to Peru as I will finally get to meet all of the students and teachers in person that we have been working very hard to help during 2011-2012. My service and support with the LEON Foundation has been a lot work with social media sites. We try taking many pictures and documenting everything so that we can share these experiences with the public as well as let them know about our up-coming events.

Since I have been with the LEON Foundation we as a team have done so much, we are always looking for the next event we can participate in to help raise awareness of the foundation or to raise money for the foundation. Some events I have had the pleasure of sharing with the LEON Foundation include our participation in the Harrah’s and Harvey’s Century celebrity golf tournament on July 17, 2012, our celebration of Raul A. Leon birthday on July 27, 2012 where some of the members visited his grave, God rest his soul. Also, witnessing the students from Juan Pablo’s hard work in their Health & environment project, our amazing night with Giacome Fiore on August 12, 2012 when he played live classical guitar music for our event. Also one of my favorites was the Third Banana Festival organized by Sojo Arts Foundation on August 18th, 2012 at William Land Park in Sacramento downtown where me and The Public Relations Director of LEON Foundation, Mason Leandro built a wheel of fortune to help draw attention to our booth. It was so much fun out there getting everyone to come visit our booth and let them know about the foundation. 

We were also featured in Zoom Newspaper from Folsom and El Dorado Hills on their September 2012 issue and I was also recognized with a Diploma Award by our Founder-President of LEON Foundation, Dr. Leon-Gomez for raising our social media viewership by seven hundred percent. 

Now, our wonderful night where me and other members of our organization were recognized by Dr. Leon-Gomez, for our service with the LEON Foundation, which I am very grateful and thankful for.
I cannot wait for what is to come with the LEON Foundation, I hope we are able to continue receiving your wonderful support so we can keep assisting and supporting less fortunate children through technology in south American countries.

Nicholas Mathews
Marketing Director of Leon Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment